BMC National Academy 2015
The BMC National Academies are part of the BMC's talent development work. The January 2015 academies were run at bouldering walls and led by GB Junior Bouldering Team managers Tom Greenall and Lucinda Whittaker, providing a fantastic opportunity to spend the day learning what it takes to be a GB team athlete.
These academies provide both the climbers and their parents with a wealth of information as to what is required to compete successfully in the international world of competition climbing. Workshops cover subjects including technique, competition skills and physical conditioning.
Parents are invited to join workshops designed to help them with strategies to manage their child's well-being, how to guard against over-specialised training and aid injury prevention.
- BMC National Academy 2015
- How to: belay a lead climber indoors
- How to: use an auto belay
- How to: top rope indoors
- How to: lead climb indoors
- How to: fall off when climbing indoors
- How to: belay a top roping climber
- Warming Up for Climbing
- How to: Put a Harness On
- How to: Tie a Figure-of-eight Knot
- How to: Attach the Rope to your Harness
- How to: Coil a Rope
- How to: tape up for climbing and boulder
- How to: Use a Rope Bag
- How to: use belay glasses
- Climbing Wall Essentials Trailer