BMC Sport Climbing Courses 2015
In 2015 the BMC is running subsidised sport climbing courses for young people to help equip them with the skills to move from indoor climbing to outdoor sport climbing.
The courses are open to 11-17 year olds who are confidently leading on indoor climbing walls. Participants should be well practised at belaying lead climbers. These courses would be ideal for young people who have competed in the BMC's Youth Climbing Series.
This short film shows three young climbers enjoying their day out in the Peak District with Katherine Schirrmacher.
- BMC Sport Climbing Courses 2015
- Introduction to sport climbing gear
- How to: Put a Harness On
- How to: Attach the Rope to your Harness
- How to: Use a Rope Bag
- How to: Coil a Rope
- How to: do pre-climb checks when sport c
- How to: belay a sport climber
- How to: use quickdraws
- How to: use belay glasses
- How to: tape up for climbing and boulder
- How to: use a clipstick
- How to: clipstick a sport route
- How to: lower off a sport climb
- How to: strip a sport route
- How to: Spot Loose Rock