How to: Use GPS Devices Safely
Outdoor writer and photographer Chris Townsend presents this series of hill walking how-to films.
In this episode Chris shows us how to safely use a GPS device when out hill walking.
One of the world’s most respected experts on long-distance walking and backpacking, Chris Townsend is also the BMC’s first hill walking ambassador.
- How to: Use GPS Devices Safely
- How to: Take a Grid Reference
- How to: Take a Compass Bearing
- How to: Pack a Rucksack
- How to: Know Your Hill Walking Footwear
- How to: Know Your Different Jacket Types
- How to: Emergency Procedures for Hill Wa
- How to: Emergency Packing for Hill Walki
- Making a Belay on the Plateau
- Walking in Crampons
- Putting on Crampons
- Making a Snow Belay
- Abseiling from a Snow Bollard
- Ice Axe Arrest
- Cutting Steps
- Avalanche and Route Assessment on the Ap