BMC National Academy 2015
The BMC National Academies are part of the BMC's talent development work. The January 2015 academies were run at bouldering walls and led by GB Junior Bouldering Team managers Tom Greenall and Lucinda Whittaker, providing a fantastic opportunity to spend the day learning what it takes to be a GB team athlete.
These academies provide both the climbers and their parents with a wealth of information as to what is required to compete successfully in the international world of competition climbing. Workshops cover subjects including technique, competition skills and physical conditioning.
Parents are invited to join workshops designed to help them with strategies to manage their child's well-being, how to guard against over-specialised training and aid injury prevention.
- Life of a Mountain: Blencathra - Stuart
- Britain's Mountain Challenges: Thre
- Emma Twyford: Rare Lichen
- Choronzon: Steve McClure
- BBC 2015: More Action
- BMC British Bouldering Championships 201
- Shauna Coxsey: This Girl Can Win
- BMC Junior British Bouldering Championsh
- BMC Tremfest 2015
- How to: Use GPS Devices Safely
- European Youth Championships 2015
- How to: Take a Grid Reference
- Anti-Atlas: Morocco Rock Climbing
- BMC National Academy 2015
- How to: Take a Compass Bearing
- GB Paraclimbing: Future Paralympians?