BMC National Academy 2015
The BMC National Academies are part of the BMC's talent development work. The January 2015 academies were run at bouldering walls and led by GB Junior Bouldering Team managers Tom Greenall and Lucinda Whittaker, providing a fantastic opportunity to spend the day learning what it takes to be a GB team athlete.
These academies provide both the climbers and their parents with a wealth of information as to what is required to compete successfully in the international world of competition climbing. Workshops cover subjects including technique, competition skills and physical conditioning.
Parents are invited to join workshops designed to help them with strategies to manage their child's well-being, how to guard against over-specialised training and aid injury prevention.
- Britain's Mountain Challenges: CMD
- How to: Use GPS Devices Safely
- How to: Take a Grid Reference
- How to: Take a Compass Bearing
- How to: Pack a Rucksack
- How to: Know Your Hill Walking Footwear
- How to: Know Your Different Jacket Types
- How to: Emergency Procedures for Hill Wa
- How to: Emergency Packing for Hill Walki
- Britain's Mountain Challenges: Thre
- BMC Sport Climbing Courses 2015
- BMC National Academy 2015
- Britain's Mountain Challenges: Aona
- Britain's Mountain Challenges: Shar
- Britain's Mountain Challenges: Tryf
- Climbing For All: Information for Techni