Emma Twyford: Rare Lichen
Llanberis based climber Emma Twyford climbs the Ogwen Valley arête Rare Lichen, becoming the second British woman to climb the magic E9 grade.
Emma is one of the current top British trad and sport climbers having previously climbed E7 and onsighted E6, onsighted 8a in Kalymnos, flashed the classic 8a UK sport route Statement of Youth and redpointed 8b.
Emma commented on Facebook: "Did Rare Lichen up on Griben Facet in the Ogwen Valley which is given E9 6c. Such a cool route with some seriously small gear!"
Rare Lichen was first climbed by Leo Houlding, and Emma's ascent was the fifth overall after Leo, Nick Dixon, Calum Muskett and James McHaffie. It tackles a bold arete on Clogwyn y Tarw (The Gribbin Facet) in the Ogwen valley of North Wales, sharing a start with the next door E9 Gribbin Wall Climb before swinging rightwards around the arête at about half height, passing some RPs and making technical moves up the final headwall.
- Transition - trailer
- BMC Paraclimbing Series 2015 R2
- 14 year old Rhys Langlands Climbs "
- European Outdoor Film Tour: Munich Premi
- Operation Moffat: Interview with Claire
- Operation Moffat - trailer
- Piz Badile: The People's Direct and
- European Outdoor Film Tour 2015-16: Teas
- European Outdoor Film Tour 2015-16: Trai
- BMC International Summer Meet 2015: Rhos
- BMC International Summer Meet 2015: Llan
- BMC International Summer Meet 2015: Trem
- BMC International Summer Meet 2015: Slat
- Emma Twyford: Rare Lichen
- Choronzon: Steve McClure
- BMC Tremfest 2015